Salutations! (or, I come bearing gift of meager patches)

Hi GNOME Docs team,

I signed up on the list, and wanted to say hi to the many folks who I
don't know. My name's Paul Frields, and I've been a GNOME user and fan
for many years. I've worked in the Fedora Project's documentation team
since not long after the project started in 2003, although for several
years it was at the novice level. Later I started to get a little more
savvy about XML, DocBook, and other tools. I maintained several guides
such as our Documentation Guide, the Installation Guide, and the
Release Notes, and was a principal contributor from about 2006-2009.

After I joined Red Hat in 2008 as the Fedora project leader it was a
lot harder for me to find time for Docs, but I do keep tabs on what's
going on, and I still have commit access there and occasionally help
fix some bugs when I have free moments. For the GNOME 3.0 release I
contributed some patches and enjoyed using your tools. I love Mallard
and the way it presents documentation! By the way, I have three
lingering patches here, which I should have sent along sooner and just
completely failed to do so:

http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/gnome-user-docs/git-patches/

I'd like to keep working on some of these docs through the 3.2 phase,
but my time has become really short the next few weeks because of some
other projects I'm involved in. I did enjoy working with the team and
hope you guys wouldn't mind me dropping by to help in the future. I've
signed up on the gnome-docs-list to keep up with what's going on.
Would it be worthwhile for me to apply for project membership and
commit access?

--
Paul