Re: F-Spot Help files

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 17:08 -0500, Paul Cutler wrote:
> Slightly off-topic:
>
> What is the correct etiquette / process on this?  For Tomboy and
> Banshee, I just talked to the maintainers and created a docs branch in
> GNOME Git for each project.
>
> Do we have to ask the maintainer?  Can I just upload them?  (I've heard
> the F-spot IRC channel isn't the most active and I'm feeling a bit lazy
> and not wanting to sign up for another mailing list at the moment).

I think talking to the maintainers is a good idea regardless.
You can look at the component descriptions in bugzilla, e.g.:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=f-spot

If the docs/Documementation/help/whatever component has the
default assignee set to gnome-user-docs-maint gnome bugs,
then you can assume we can commit whatever we want without
maintainer approval. When I first pushed people to use that
alias, I was very clear on what it meant.

Of course, f-spot doesn't have a docs component. So, yeah,
it might be good to talk to the developers. Mailing list
might be better than IRC.

--
Shaun