Re: Empathy 2.30

2010/3/29 Mario Blättermann <mariobl gnome org>:

> OK, it's now somewhat to late for 2.30, but it would be fine to mention
> these things in the manual for 2.30.1.  As far as I know, the most
> mainstream distros (Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva and all of their
> derivatives) will ship 2.30.1 within their upcoming releases.  That's
> why it doesn't matter that the manual is still incomplete.

That's true. I'm going to address some of those later this week and
during the weekend (even if I don't like breaking translations).

> In my mind, a better collaboration between developers and doc writers is
> needed.  The developers should inform about such major improvements and
> changes as soon as possible, or the doc writers have to search for
> appropriate sources for these things (e.g. blogs).  Currently, the time
> between the final state of a documentation and a release is mostly too
> short for quality translations.  Sometimes, a doc translation is "sewed
> with a hot needle" (german saying).

I agree with you: I discovered some of the new features through blogs,
the "Gnome News" or even bug report that I've been made aware of.
Personally, I don't have enough time to follow all the bug reports;
maybe having a structured document where the development of an
application and the new features are pointed out, would be a great
starting point, but we need to have it beforehand, not the day of the
release.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <miloc gnome org>