Re: Empathy 2.30

Am Montag, den 29.03.2010, 23:06 +0200 schrieb Milo Casagrande:
> 2010/3/29 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:
> > http://cass.no-ip.com/~cassidy/blog/index.php/post/2010/03/29/Empathy-230-released
> >
> > Did we cover everything?
>
> Didn't add the "Facebook" account to "Register for a new account"
> topic, totally forgot about that. We have it in the "Audio and Video
> support" table though.
>
> Definitely not talked about the red banner thing, cause it changes
> colors based on the "problem" (last time I checked).
>
> Worked on the problem thingy when you have a problem like the "Name in
> use": it was a little bit different than the older one (now there are
> different buttons in there). Probably needs to be reviewed.
>
> Password protected IRC room is in (thanks to Jim also!)
>
> The video stream one: we have nothing like that. I've never tested
> video nor SIP or voice related protocols (have nobody with whom I can
> test, I tried with myself on two different computers, but that didn't
> work out very well).
>
> I didn't know about the search in the chat window... totally new to me!
>
> We(I) can definitely improve, and that blog post is pretty awesome.
> Thanks for pointing it out.

OK, it's now somewhat to late for 2.30, but it would be fine to mention
these things in the manual for 2.30.1.  As far as I know, the most
mainstream distros (Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva and all of their
derivatives) will ship 2.30.1 within their upcoming releases.  That's
why it doesn't matter that the manual is still incomplete.

In my mind, a better collaboration between developers and doc writers is
needed.  The developers should inform about such major improvements and
changes as soon as possible, or the doc writers have to search for
appropriate sources for these things (e.g. blogs).  Currently, the time
between the final state of a documentation and a release is mostly too
short for quality translations.  Sometimes, a doc translation is "sewed
with a hot needle" (german saying).

Cheers,
Mario