Re: Icons for page types

I've been thinking about the icons and also about the search thing
after Jim's input.

On a system-wide help search, like I perform a search from the
starting page of Yelp when I launch it from the desktop, will it be
possible to group the topics? (personally I didn't test Yelp 3.0
search, so this is maybe how it works already)

Let me explain what I have in mind.

I have empathy and xchat-gnome installed, both with Mallard help. I
think "I need to use this IRC thingy, what is the application I can
use?". I start Yelp from the desktop, I search for "IRC", and all the
topics that are IRC relevant shows up in the search entry, grouped by
application:

[IRC                                               ]
 XChat-Gnome
  IRC topic 1
  IRC topic 2
 Empathy Instant Messenger
  IRC topic 1
  IRC topic 2

The application entry has the application icon displayed next to it
(amazing would be to have a "Show menu" like Mac OS X that tells me
where to launch the application, because I'm doing a system-wide
search), and all the other have their icons if they do so.
If I press Enter without selecting any of the topics in the search
entry, I think I would like to have a page that has the same layout
(or some sort of) of the search entry list, with all the topics
grouped together on an application basis, but displayed by Yelp.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <miloc gnome org>