Re: GNOME Color Manager

Hi Richard,

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 15:12 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I've been asked to post here for assistance with the GNOME Color
> Manager help. We've already got
> quite a bit of content
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-color-manager/plain/help/C/gnome-color-manager.xml
> although I'm guessing it needs a bit more work. My English spelling
> and grammar could do with some polish, and we probably need to look in
> detail about the document layout and any further headings we need.
>
> Help or review from the docs team would be very welcome.

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you about this. I've
reviewed the document, and completely agree with your assessment.
There's plenty of useful content there, but the structure could
definitely use some work.

My recommendation is to convert the document to Mallard format and
divide it into logical topics, which will make it much easier to
structure. Users will find it easier to navigate too. If you like, I can
do the initial conversion to Mallard and we can find a new contributor
to work on polishing the resulting document. Myself or another doc team
member can then do a final review and edit for style, spelling, and
grammar.

If this sounds good to you, could you send through a few brief "user
profiles" for GNOME Color Manager, please? We're interested in who your
target user groups are, why they're using GCM, what they're trying to
achieve by using it etc.

Thanks,

Phil

--