Re: Images in topic titles

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 15:08 +0000, Matthew East wrote:
>> > We've discussed before having a way to include a themed
>> > icon in a Mallard document.  This is useful in a lot of
>> > other places.  In fact, I think it's even more important
>> > for instructions like "Click the [*] icon."  If [*] looks
>> > like {^} in HighContrast, that could be really confusing.
>>
>> A massive +1 on this from me - I've been trying to see if there is any
>> way to do this from a docbook document in yelp recently and it doesn't
>> appear to be possible. Would be very useful as some crucial icons vary
>> a lot between themes.
>
> The good news is that if I did this in Yelp, it would
> probably be a breeze to make it work for DocBook also,
> using the same mechanism.
>
> The trick is getting it to work when building for the
> web.  The stylesheets alone aren't going to be able to
> handle this.

I suppose we'd have to fall back to the default theme when building
for the web. Or we'd have to run sed over the files pre-build to
replace whatever markup is used with the path to a single image.
Obviously it would be too much to ask for the browser to query the
user's theme and show the appropriate image!

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org