Re: Images in topic titles

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 15:08 +0000, Matthew East wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 13:07 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> >> On 24 Jan 2010, at 18:16, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> > We've discussed before having a way to include a themed
> > icon in a Mallard document.  This is useful in a lot of
> > other places.  In fact, I think it's even more important
> > for instructions like "Click the [*] icon."  If [*] looks
> > like {^} in HighContrast, that could be really confusing.
>
> A massive +1 on this from me - I've been trying to see if there is any
> way to do this from a docbook document in yelp recently and it doesn't
> appear to be possible. Would be very useful as some crucial icons vary
> a lot between themes.

The good news is that if I did this in Yelp, it would
probably be a breeze to make it work for DocBook also,
using the same mechanism.

The trick is getting it to work when building for the
web.  The stylesheets alone aren't going to be able to
handle this.  Maybe yelp-tool/gnome-doc-tool could do
something clever, but I don't know of a command-line
utility to look up icons.  I'm more and more wanting
to write yelp-tool in C.

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/