Re: Content Plan for Accessibility Documentation

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Willie Walker <William Walker sun com> wrote:
> Many thanks everyone!  Vikram, if you need help, please let me know.
>  Otherwise, I will wait in anticipation for your plan.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Will
>
> On Jan 10, 2010, at 7:56 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
>
>> Hi Vikram,
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering to do a content plan for the accessibility
>> documentation.  Here's what I'd like to see:
>>
>> 1) Identify the various accessibility tools used in Gnome.  Willie
>> Walker (William Walker sun com) can help with this.  Each of these
>> will need help written for it.  Note that the Orca documentation is
>> currently in the Accessibility Guide, but we decided in the meeting
>> to split it out.
>>
>> 2) List the basic categories of information we would provide in the
>> Universal Access sections of the new Desktop Help.  This will replace
>> the Accessibility Guide.  The current Accessibility Guide is here:
>>
>>  http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/stable/
>>
>> This should provide some background on what information we need to
>> include.  Willie posted the following mockup of how the accessibility
>> preferences might look in the nearish fuure:
>>
>>  http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/NewPreferencesGUI
>>
>> This should give some sense of the kinds of tasks people need to do.
>>
>> 3) For each category in the Universal Access help, tell us which of
>> the accessibility tools it might need to link to.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please feel free to ask on the list.  You
>> can also use gnome-accessibility-list gnome org to ask accessibility
>> questions.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>

>> --
>> Shaun McCance
>> http://syllogist.net/

Thanks a lot, I have an exam tomorrow, so I have to study for that,
you guys will have a rough draft written down by Wednesday :)

--
Regards,
Vikram Dhillon

~~~
There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
-- Linus Torvalds