Re: Content Plan for Accessibility Documentation
- From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Content Plan for Accessibility Documentation
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:58:22 -0500
Many thanks everyone! Vikram, if you need help, please let me know.
Otherwise, I will wait in anticipation for your plan.
On Jan 10, 2010, at 7:56 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
Thanks for volunteering to do a content plan for the accessibility
documentation. Here's what I'd like to see:
1) Identify the various accessibility tools used in Gnome. Willie
Walker (William Walker sun com) can help with this. Each of these
will need help written for it. Note that the Orca documentation is
currently in the Accessibility Guide, but we decided in the meeting
to split it out.
2) List the basic categories of information we would provide in the
Universal Access sections of the new Desktop Help. This will replace
the Accessibility Guide. The current Accessibility Guide is here:
This should provide some background on what information we need to
include. Willie posted the following mockup of how the accessibility
preferences might look in the nearish fuure:
This should give some sense of the kinds of tasks people need to do.
3) For each category in the Universal Access help, tell us which of
the accessibility tools it might need to link to.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask on the list. You
can also use gnome-accessibility-list gnome org to ask accessibility
gnome-doc-list mailing list
gnome-doc-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev