Re: Terminology: app, window, workspace, part of the window, file, folder

Hi Phil,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.12.2010, 10:32 +0000 schrieb Phil Bull:

> I agree, but with a small modification: users should "click
> a little bit smoother this way. This should definitely find its way into
> the guidelines.

Yes, this would be better. In fact, I was referring to the global
distiction between keys and buttons and the applicable actions.

Therefore, we should include the following explanations:

 Users should be able to distinguish between actions which they have
 to perform with the mouse or with the keyboard, respectively.

<list>
</list>

 This is unique for the user to decide whether he has to click a
 button in the UI or to press a key on his keyboard. Please don't use
 it as follows:

<list>
button.</p></item>
</list>

 In fact, we cannot <em>press</em> a button. The physical process
 <em>to press</em> isn't adaptable to a virtual object. Instead,
 we <em>click</em> with the mouse or another pointing device.