Re: Bootstrapping tutorial

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Maybe we can add "distro based deps" to jhbuild so when bootstraping
>> in jhbuild so all dependencies will be taken from your distro when
>> available.
>
> You volunteer to keep this up-to-date? The gnome-shell build scripts
> maintains a list of required packages for different distributions but it
> is really hard to keep that up-to-date.

Sorry to reply so late, I could volunteer, I just wanted to get the
idea so people with more knowledge could comment on how silly the idea
was :)

> For now, it would be sufficient to have a list of packages needed for
> the examples so people can get started.

Yeah, after more thought I think this should be enough, in the case
the dev already knows how to install dev-packages in this system.
Having The basic tutorials on how to install devel packages for each
major distro should be sufficient, but I read in other thread you have
already did that, so cool :)

Cheers

José