Re: [Fwd: Desktop User Guide Section 1.2.2 Window Shortcut Keys]

Hi Calum,

Re confirming the action:
too broad: "press any key"
too narrow (but correct): "Enter key" (Space key does not confirm on
Gnome   2.22.3, but does confirm on 2.30)

The exact behaviour could actually be quite complicated and probably
affected by keyboard mappings. Probably has to be expressed in terms of
whatever Gnome passes to X (out of my technical depth here). It would
likely require a whole (sub)section to express it exactly and explain
the settings that can affect key behaviour and how the user can trace
them through various config files. I would have to dig into the source
code for that. I can't commit to that right now.

I think the docs would improve if they mentioned Esc to cancel and
talked about the Shift key. I think I ran into the Shift key behaviour
as I was experimenting and didn't understand what it was doing so I
would encourage the docs to cover this.

I'd be glad to draft revised wording if that helps.

thanks,