Re: Evince topics on Annotations and SyncTeX required

Hi phil,

see comments inline

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Phil Bull <philbull gmail com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've mostly finished the new Mallard help files for the Evince document
> viewer [1]. A couple of features new for Evince 2.32 are missing topics,
> though.
>
> Annotations: You can now add annotations to PDFs in Evince. See [2] for
> a demonstration. Topics are required explaining how to add and remove
> annotations, customise them, and navigate them. They should be quite
> simple.
>
> SyncTeX: This makes Evince a better previewer for TeX documents. SyncTeX
> matches page elements in the PDF with lines of a source TeX file, so you
> can easily switch between viewing an element in the viewer and in the
> editor. I think editor support has been added in Geany too. Topics are
> required to explain what SyncTeX is, how to add support for it in your
> TeX tools, and how to use Evince to flip back to the editor using it. A
> list of supported editors may also be useful. These topics will be more
> complicated to write.

I think there is not editor supporting it right now. I am finishing a
gedit plugin for it, and it should be easy to add the functionality to
the geany-latex plugin, but this is not done yet. The gedit plugin
will be ready for 2.32.

Anyway, I will try to write a blog post or web page describing the
synctex support in Evince soon, so you can use that as a base for the
mallard doc.

Greetings

José