Re: [Mallard] Add new element to lists which doesn't require a child block element

Hi Shaun,

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 18:23 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > (2) Not particularly elegant.
>
> So I thought about this one before as well.  I also thought
> about the same thing for <td>.  And I just couldn't figure
> out a way that didn't run afoul of (2).  It just feels hacky,
> although I agree it's convenient.

Maybe we should explore why it feels hacky. I think it's possibly
because:

a) It would result in two different nesting structures
(list-block-block, list-block), which might end up being mixed. This
could look confusing.

b) We would be "overloading" the new tag. It would be both a
content-containing element and a structural element.

I'm still keen on the idea, though, because writing <item><p> all the
time feels awkward and unnecessary.

Thanks,

Phil

--