Re: Tetravex Help

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 14:34 +0100, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/12/27 Mario Blättermann <mariobl gnome org>:
> > I've converted the files into HTML with Shaun's Makefile. The Video
> > doesn't work, neither in Epiphany (gecko) nor in Yelp. There's no
> > clickable link to it. I've tried to feed my help browser directly with
> > the *.page file, but Yelp cannot handle it.
>
> Yelp cannot handle the video in it (yet).
>
> > That's a step back in
> > comparison with Yelp's ability to parse and handle XML (DocBook) files
> > directly. Well, Yelp cannot handle DocBook really, but it starts the
> > appropriate conversion in the background, without any arguments, just
> > typing "yelp db_file.xml".
>
> I created a stupid test page to see how the support of the HTML video
> tag is. It works on Firefox, but not with Epiphany + WebKit on GNOME
> 2.28 (I can't reproduce the video, I see only a static image). Does
> anybody know what is the support of the video tag with Epiphany trunk?

http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/tetravex-help/usage.html

This is built from your sources with the latest yelp-xsl.
I'm getting various mixed reports from people as to how
well it works.

I was told in #epiphany that Epiphany 2.28 lacks controls
to start the video, but that that was implemented on master
about two weeks ago.

The HTML file on its own does work in a Gecko-based Yelp
for me.  I have yet to hook Yelp up to yelp-xsl to get
it working directly.

I'll try to make yelp-xsl and yelp releases this weekend.

--
Shaun
http://syllogist.net/