Re: Yelp fixes for Mallard

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 23:39 +0200, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> 2009/8/13 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:
> >
> > Is XDG_DATA_DIRS set?  I'm pretty sure it needs to be set
> > for plenty of other things to work, such as icon themes.
> >
> > Yelp should be looking in ${XDG_DATA_DIRS}/gnome/help for
> > a directory with the specified name.
>
> If I do a:
>
> echo $XDG_DATA_DIRS
>
> inside the jhbuild environment, I get:
>
> /opt/gnome2/share
>
> The files get installed in $XDG_DATA_DIR/gnome/help/empathy, but still
> it's picking up the old one.
>
> Do somebody else experience this? If not, it's just a problem of my jhbuild...

Does your installation in /opt/gnome2 still have the DocBook
file in it?  That is, does this file exist?

/opt/gnome2/share/gnome/help/empathy/C/empathy.xml

The way we're interpreting ghelp URIs, it's ambiguous when
there is both a DocBook and a Mallard document.  Due to the
way it happens to be implemented, DocBook wins.

--
Shaun