Re: Gnome 3 and Documentation

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time to write this email.  I agree with you
on all the points below, and for the last day or two have been trying
to figure out how best to formulate my questions.  I think there are
more questions than answers at this point, but let's talk next steps
in addressing the points you make below.

As we think about moving towards GNOME 3.0 and the documentation
opportunities we have in front of us, this section of your email in
particular stood out to me:

> I think the best way to get started is for me to have a
> small crack team that lays the groundwork with me.  We
> would work closely together, sharing our knowledge and
> experience.  These people could then help me in training
> new contributors and communicating with our development
> teams.  Bottlenecks are bad, mkay?

I'd like to thank Milo for responding, but it kind of scares me how
quiet the list has been on this topic.  I know personally I've lurked
on this mailing list for a few years, rarely posting. I bet there are
some more people out there like me who want to help but who might not
know where to start, and I think this is a great opportunity to grow
the docs team.

So let's do this.  Let's get a team together.  As I'm fairly new to
helping out the Docs team, is there a method that has worked in the
past?  Shall we schedule a meeting in IRC and see who can make it?  At
a minimum, it could give us an opportunity to discuss current statel,
let us see who can make it and wants to lend a hand helping (and those
interested in helping but can't make it), and capture some action
items of what we can attack next to lay the groundwork for what needs
to be done over the course of the next year.

If not a meeting in IRC, we could take your email below and break it
up into separate discussion topics and get the ball moving.

I'd love some feedback from other people on the list - let's not waste
this opportunity!

Paul