Re: Word-a-Day: button, command button, toggle button

On Apr 24, 2008, at 4:05 PM, Calum Benson wrote:
How are we saying the label should be written-- in quotes?  Leave it
up to the DocBook stylesheets (which currently render labels in bold,
no quotes)? What about for non-DocBook documents, or plain text
documents?

The combination of bold for labels, and the frequency of labels in help text, makes many help pages look blotchy. For that reason, I prefer quote marks.

Quote marks may also make it more obvious that the label in the help text itself is not the one you should be clicking.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/