Re: Word-a-Day preview round
- From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Word-a-Day preview round
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:41:56 +0100
On 24 Apr 2008, at 16:59, Shaun McCance wrote:
Actually, most style guides agree that you "select" a check box.
Interesting... personally I'd say that you check the box to select the
option that it represents, you don't select the box itself.
('Selecting' a checkbox actually implies 'focusing' it to me, although
obviously the correct word for that is, er... 'focusing'.).
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com GNOME Desktop Team
http://blogs.sun.com/calum +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev