Re: Word-a-Day: toggle

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 09:10 +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2008, at 8:01 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > Correct:
> > Click Toolbar on the View menu to turn on or off the toolbar.
>
> Adjusted for grammar:
> Click Toolbar in the View menu to turn the toolbar on or off.
                ^^

Well, whether something is "in" a menu or "on" a menu is
a recommendation we haven't yet gotten to.  It looks like
Apple agrees with you.

It seems odd to me.  Before computers, I don't think I've
ever seen "in" used with "menu".  But if that's what all
the cool kids are saying, I'm not going to fight it.

--
Shaun