Word-a-Day Bonus Round: screencast

Since we've got screenshot on the table, what do people
think of the word screencast?

If it's used, it definitely should be one word, since
"cast" is not a word on its own.  (All right, it's a
word, but it doesn't mean the right thing.)

Screencast isn't as well known as screenshot, although
it seems to be the most common word among people who
know what it is.  We could opt for a verbose phrase
such as "video screen capture".

But then, there's a certain nice symmetry between the
words screenshot and screencast.  One can imagine making
a web page entitled "Screenshots and Screencasts" for an
application.  "Screenshots and Video Screen Captures"
sounds kind of silly.

Here are our options:
1) Boldly embrace this newish term.
2) Recommend a more verbose phrase.
3) Make no recommendation either way.

For what it's worth, none of the style guides I'm looking
at make any recommendation about this.  Then again, I'll
bet none of them overwent a recent overhaul like we're
doing right now.

--
Shaun