Word-a-Day: screenshot

Let's start this out with an easy one.

screenshot
An image showing the display of the screen or an area
of the screen.  One word; do not use 'screen shot' or
'screen-shot'.  Do not use 'screen grab', 'screen capture',
or any other term.

Do not use as a verb.  Use 'take a screenshot' instead.
Do not use 'screenshoot' or any variant.

This is congruent with the current Style Guide recommendation,
as well as with popular usage within our community.  The term
has become common enough to warrant usage as a single word.

A number of dictionaries and style guides (including the Apple
Publications Style Guide) recommend 'screen shot'.  I think
they're fighting a losing battle.

--
Shaun