Future licence suggestions (was : License problem in Ubuntu Desktop Guide)

Hi :o)

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 11:16 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> In the end, maybe we should
> just switch to a license that people hate less.

I have been pondering documentation licences since the beginning of this
thread, considering a possible change looming in the future. One idea
keeps coming back to me : why not release our docs to the public
domain ?

I don't see why we would mind what people do with our docs - even if
they take them and publish them as a copyrighted book, it could only be
to our advantage... Of course we loose any modifications that authors do
not give us...

Love, Karderio.