Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:14 +0200, Victor Osadci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Brent Smith wrote:	[Wed Mar 08 2006, 07:57:49AM EET]
> > I've been working on generating some new PDFs for the documentation in
> > the gnome-user-docs package.  I've come up with some build scripts[1]
> > that  generate some decent output using Apache's FOP and Norman Walsh's
> > DocBook -> XSL-FO stylesheets.
>
> There seems to be an issue with keyboard shortcuts. GNOME and Yelp use
> plus signs '+' for key combinations, and the PDFs use '-'.
>
> For example, the following markup generates 'Alt+q' in Yelp, and 'Alt-q'
> in the PDF.
>
> <keycombo>
> 	<keycap>Alt</keycap>
> 	<keycap>F2</keycap>
> </keycombo>

Norm's DocBook tools use hyphen by default for keycombos.
Back when we used those for Yelp, we had a customization
layer which, among other things, used plus for keycombos.

We might want to pull old thing out of CVS to see what
customizations we needed to do.  We can't, of course,
use it directly, since it was for the HTML stylesheets.
But it will show us how our formatting choices differed
from those of Norm & Co.

--
Shaun