Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide

Hi,

Brent Smith wrote:	[Wed Mar 08 2006, 07:57:49AM EET]
> I've been working on generating some new PDFs for the documentation in
> the gnome-user-docs package.  I've come up with some build scripts[1]
> that  generate some decent output using Apache's FOP and Norman Walsh's
> DocBook -> XSL-FO stylesheets.

There seems to be an issue with keyboard shortcuts. GNOME and Yelp use
plus signs '+' for key combinations, and the PDFs use '-'.

For example, the following markup generates 'Alt+q' in Yelp, and 'Alt-q'
in the PDF.

<keycombo>
	<keycap>Alt</keycap>
	<keycap>F2</keycap>
</keycombo>

> The generated PDFs are available at:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/user-guide.pdf
> http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/system-admin-guide.pdf
> http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/gnome-access-guide.pdf
>
> At this point, I would just like some feedback on these.  I've ironed
> out most of what I think are the major issues, but I would like to hear
> comments about these, specifically related to formatting issues (since I
> know the content needs some work ;-)  Although, really we have had some
> great work on the docs this cycle, thanks to some new contributors.
>
> [1] http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/gnomedocs-snapshot-20060307.tar.gz
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>