yelp performance (Re: Successor to DocBook)

Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> writes:

> Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm not removing DocBook
> support from Yelp, and I'm not strong-arming
> anybody.  I rarely use my purported power to
> force anything.  Writers are ultimately free
> to tell me I'm off my rocker.

I tried to read the SUSE Linux documentation (1000 pages and a bit more)
in the XML format with yelp.  I took several minutes until yelp was
ready with formatting and diplayed it for reading.  This is too long and
we resorted to preformatted HTML files.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation                         SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Key fingerprint = B2A3 AF2F CFC8 40B1 67EA  475A 5903 A21B 06EB 882E