Re: scrollkeeper categories will put new users off the documentation

At Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:34:25 +0000,
Matthew East wrote:

> However, I'm afraid that I'm not convinced that confusing them so
> that they don't know where to find information is the best way of
> educating them. We have to assume that they don't know what it
> means, rather than hope that by using the term on the front page of
> the help system, they will automatically learn.

Good point, some users might interpret "GNU Info" as "Info about GNU",
which is wrong.  Perhaps renaming it to "(System) manuals in GNU Info
format" would be suitable.

And the brave and curious people may search for "GNU" on the web and
read www.gnu.org.

--
Yavor Doganov