Re: New recruit, help needed in choosing project

Hi,

If your going to update the gedit user docs, you'll need a current
developement version of gedit installed as it has undergone a lot of
changed in this cycle.  If you've not got a version >=2.13.2, your best
bet would be to build a jhbuild session using the instructions at
http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildOnUbuntu

Once you've got a new gedit and played around with it a bit, get in
touch with the maintainers, either by email (on the gedit mailing list)
or on IRC (talk to paolo on GIMPnet) and let them know you want to help
with the docs.

For editing the docbook files, there is also a program called
conglomerate that you might want to try.  I haven't really played with
it, so I can't vouch for it at all and development of seems to have
stalled, but it might still be useful.

Don