Re: New recruit, help needed in choosing project

Ok, I've decided that I will tackle the update of GEdit docs.  I've
added myself to the status table that Joachim has recently created.

I have a question about docbook.  I know that docbook (the docbook on
the DGP site) is not completely up to date (or is it?).  Currently I see
Pat Costello as the maintainer of the gedit docs, I'm guessing this is
not the case anymore?

Also, I would like to know what the G26D mean under the column "Last
Update".

I had acquired the cvs gedit module but I did not know that we could
point Yelp to the new xml doc file, that is cool.

I also would like to know how DocBook (the DTD) comes in.  I'm very new
to DocBook but it's my understanding that I'd write a document in the
DocBook SGML format and then convert it to xml using the DocBook tools,
how do I go about editing the already existing xml file in the cvs tree?

Also,
when I'm finished with a section and I'd like to commit, do I just email
the patch?

Thank you very much,

~Alessandro Ferrucci