Re: Nautilus documentation update

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 17:44 +0100, karderio wrote:
> > I know from Shaun that part1.xml and part2.xml are
> > officially deprecated, but I don't know what the
> > status of the others is.
>
> How does something get "officially deprecated" ? I noticed that several
> screenshots are no longer useful...

In this case, I simply removed the parts from the User
Guide and made all the chapters top-level.  These two
files aren't even installed anymore, and should just
be removed from CVS.

> I noticed .../gnome-user-docs/gnome-users-guide is the 1.4
> documentation, is that because GNOME 1 is still maintained in CVS ?

The intention was that they would be two separate
documents, so that you could have both Gnome 1 and
Gnome 2 installed in parallel.  I doubt many people
are even trying to do that these days.

Given that we can't even manage to maintain our
current documentation, there's really little hope
that Gnome 1 documentation would ever be maintained.
It's not installed or put in the tarball, so it's
just a relic in CVS.

--
Shaun