Re: Nautilus documentation update

--- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:
> Is the wiki to replace user-guide.xml ?

Not really. It's there so people who aren't
comfortable with editing XML can contribute.

> Here is a selection of files I would be susceptible
> to start work on :
> glossary.xml, goscustaccess.xml, goscustdesk.xml,
> gosdeskback.xml,
> goseditmainmenu.xml, gosmetacity.xml. Can I "claim"
> them so that I don't
> end up duplicating work someone else is doing ?

Be careful. Several files in that folder are not
actually used.
As far as I can tell, it's these:
plaingnomestartpreftools.xml
gosdeskback.xml
goscustlookandfeel.xml
part2.xml
goscustaccess.xml
part1.xml
gosmetacity.xml

I know from Shaun that part1.xml and part2.xml are
officially deprecated, but I don't know what the
status of the others is.

> I noticed someone mentioning dogtail to automate
> screenshots. I was
> thinking about this the other day when I realized
> how many screenshots
> are involved for all the languages. It seems like a
> good idea to me,
> I'll look into it, as I have some experience in
> Python.
>
> Should there not be more screenshots in the docs ?
> From the GNOME
> Handbook of Writing Software Documentation I
> understand there should be
> a screenshot for each window described.

Quite probably.
We need images of mouse pointers too:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2005-December/msg00015.html

Does your mail provider give you FREE antivirus protection?
Get Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com