Re: Nautilus documentation update

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 16:55 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:
> > I noticed .../gnome-user-docs/gnome-users-guide is
> > the 1.4
> > documentation, is that because GNOME 1 is still
> > maintained in CVS ?
>
> There's a lot of weird stuff in CVS.
> One time I forgot where the user docs were, so I went
> looking through different modules.
> I left some notes here:
> http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/CvsModules
> In particular,
> /gnome-user-docs/introduction-to-gnome/ looks like
> another attempt at a gnome user guide. What is its
> status? Is it used by anything? Can we use useful
> content from there for the user guide?

Introduction to Gnome was an additional document
we shipped in the earlier days of Gnome 2.  Most
of its information was redundant with the User
Guide.  That's not a bad thing, mind you.  Having
a redundant tutorial-style document can complement
topic-oriented guides.

But it hadn't been maintained in a while, so we
decided to drop it so we could focus our dwindling
efforts on the more essential documents.

--
Shaun