Re: The scope of gnome-doc-list

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 19:11 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Manish Chakravarty <manishchakravarty yahoo co in>
> wrote:
> > Sorry if my questions bug you, but i assure this is
> > the sort of questions many newbies are having. This
> > question is not answered in
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/join.html
>
> I'm a newbie too. :)
> The meta-docs (docs about writing docs) are outdated
> in many places.
> I would like to update them, but I think my time is
> best spent on changes that will help GNOME users, for
> now at least.
>
> The Team page
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/team.html
> makes it look like there is a HUGE gang of people
> working on docs, but this list and the IRC channel are
> very quiet.
>
> It would be nice to know who's still active on this
> project, and who is doing what, and who we should mob
> with newbie questions ;)

Unfortunately, the GDP lost most of its active
contributors over the last two years.  Not only
did Sun drop out of the community documentation
efforts, but a number of volunteer writers simply
moved on to other things, which will happen.

This has been a massive blow to the community,
and we've had a very difficult time resurrecting
the project.  We desperately need new writers,
but we often simply don't have the resources
to introduce them properly to the work.

--
Shaun