Re: The scope of gnome-doc-list

--- Manish Chakravarty <manishchakravarty yahoo co in>
wrote:
> Eg-: I want to write docs for gparted (i really want
> to).Whom do i contact? someone on this mailing list
> or
> gparted developers?

I emailed the developer of gparted a few months ago,
offering to write docs and asking if anyone was
already working on them. I got no reply, but my email
often gets eaten by spamtraps :( The gparted site page
said at the time the developer was away. Now he's back
-- I got a bugzilla update on a new feature. Might be
a good time for you to try getting in touch :)

> Sorry if my questions bug you, but i assure this is
> the sort of questions many newbies are having. This
> question is not answered in
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/join.html

I'm a newbie too. :)
The meta-docs (docs about writing docs) are outdated
in many places.
I would like to update them, but I think my time is
best spent on changes that will help GNOME users, for
now at least.

The Team page
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/team.html
makes it look like there is a HUGE gang of people
working on docs, but this list and the IRC channel are
very quiet.

It would be nice to know who's still active on this
project, and who is doing what, and who we should mob
with newbie questions ;)

Joachim

Yahoo! Exclusive Xmas Game, help Santa with his celebrity party - http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/