Re: The scope of gnome-doc-list

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 18:13 +0000, Manish Chakravarty wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I thank everyone for such a warm welcome for my last
> email. I have got the hand of DocBook and its time for
> me to do my bit.
> Before i begin (and raise any more unnecessary
> questions) i want to ask:
>
> 1)What is the exact scope of the documentation covered
> by the gnome-doc-list?
> All the GNOME apps? "Common" gnome apps? or is it just
> the apps that come with the default GNOME install on
> most systems?
> Eg-: I want to write docs for gparted (i really want
> to).Whom do i contact? someone on this mailing list or
> gparted developers?
>
> Sorry if my questions bug you, but i assure this is
> the sort of questions many newbies are having. This
> question is not answered in
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/join.html
> Kindly help a new doc guy
> Regards
> Manish

Basically anything about writing or otherwise working
on documentation for Gnome programs is on-topic, where
"Gnome programs" is defined very loosely.

If you want to work on any of the documentation in the
core Gnome release, this is the place to be.

If you want to work on documentation for any of the
other applications that are in Gnome CVS, this is a
good place to discuss your work.  But you should be
aware that the GDP may not have direct control over
those documents, and you may need to contact the
maintainers directly for your work to be accepted.

If you're writing documentation for some third-party
application that runs on Gnome, and you need some
guidance, that's on-topic too.

--
Shaun