Re: gparted docs - Markup and Help req

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 16:31 -0500, Peter Williams wrote:
> What I think would really be useful would be a relatively simple doc
> editor with really good integration into the GNOME workflow. As has
> often been noted, GNOME docs use a very small subset of DocBook, so
> these full-fledged DocBook editors are probably much more complicated
> than we need. On the other hand, I doubt any of these general editors
> have features that would be really useful for GNOME apps in particular:
> the ability to automatically generate diff's, for instance, or
> translation support, the ability to hook things up using
> gnome-doc-utils, OMF file support, etc. I feel like there's a nice space
> here for a relatively simple Gtk# app that could make GNOME docs a lot
> easier to write[...]

I was thinking about this the other day as a way of keeping and
enforcing common XML formatting, I am of course an indentation freak :-)
(It frustrates me as I find it makes documents less readable, and thus
uses my time)

I thought I'd just wait for conglomerate (http://www.conglomerate.org/)
to get more stable, but I didn't realize that there were so many
gnome-doc specific things it would not do.

I think this is a very good idea, I may hack something up in Python/GTK+
later. Does anybody else think this is a good idea ?

Love, Karderio