Re: My Introduction

At Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:05:21 +0000 (GMT),
Manish Chakravarty wrote:

> So to write documentation for gnome-games what do i do?

1. Checkout gnome-games from CVS HEAD
2. Pick a game and edit the manual, f.i. mahjongg/help/C/mahjongg.xml
3. Submit a patch to bugzilla as was suggested, etc.

> I understand that in this project i am only allowed to write docs
> for core GNOME apps.

Not at all, for example I'm working only on apps that are not part of
GNOME since there are always volunteers for the core apps.

> (and this is exactly where i want to contribute in)

That's what I'm talking about ;-)

> 2) Will i be assigned credit for the docs i write? or will the
> maintainer keep the copyright/credit?

Do you really care about this?  Put youself as "author" and I guess
you can do for copyright as well, although the wisest thing to do is
to assign copyright to FSF.  If you are actually doing it for the
people, I think this is what every diligent contributor should do.

> And the licencse can be anything like the GPL or the LGPL or the
> Free Documentation licencse..

The license is GFDL 1.1.

--
Yavor Doganov