Re: My Introduction

--- Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> wrote:

> Manish Chakravarty wrote:
>
> > I would like to write docs for GNOME apps. I use
> > Ubuntu 5.10 as my primary OS, and there are lots
> of
> > apps in the default install whose documentation is
> > pretty bad....
> > The link you gave shows the 2.12 user guide...
> > Is this the place to write docs for GNOME apps, or
> do
> > i have to conatact the individual developer of the
> > applications...
>
> The user guide is a generic manual for using GNOME
> that is (or has been in the past) targeted towards
> new
> users.

1) For eg -> I read that gnome-games is in need for
documentation.
So to write documentation for gnome-games what do i
do?
I understand that in this project i am only allowed to
write docs for core GNOME apps. (and this is exactly
where i want to contribute in)

2) Will i be assigned credit for the docs i write? or
will the maintainer keep the copyright/credit?
I would sure like to get my name mentioned for the
work i put in.. And the licencse can be anything like
the GPL or the LGPL or the Free Documentation
licencse..
Regards
manish