Re: Character Map application manual

Noah Levitt wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > I wrote a man page for gucharmap for Sun, which you are very welcome to use.
> > I've put this man page, with several others in gnome-docu/gdp/contrib/manpages
> > in CVS -- gucharmap.1 is in the sman1 subdirectory.
>
> I am interested in including the man page in the gucharmap
> distribution. I checked out gnome-docu, but I can't figure
> out how to get an actual man page out of this thing.

The man pages in gnome-docu are in SGML format.

As a special favour to compensate for scaring you earlier ;P, I've attached the
files in nroff format:
* gnome-character-map.1.gz is the main man page, for continuity with the older
Character Map application that has been replaced by gucharmap.
* gucharmap.1.gz is a shadow man page -- like a symbolic link.

When I get time, I'll put nroff versions of all of the man pages back to
gnome-docu...

> > One last item: as requested by Malcolm[1], can you please update the Documented
> > by credit in the About box to add "Sun Microsystems"?
>
> Done. (Don't you want your name there too?)

No, that's fine, thanks -- we work as a team: my colleagues review my work, and
I review theirs.

Have a nice weekend :)

Regards,
Breda.