Re: Keyboard Layout Switcher applet

Hi Breda.

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 10:20, Breda McColgan wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> thank you for your mail :)
>
> See my comments embedded below.
>
> Regards,
> Breda.
>

> > The BAD thing (not for you personally, mostly for gnome) is that
> > fallback gkb-new is not really changed since gnome 2.4 (even the flags
> > are not removed!). About the run-time switch, look at gnome-applets/
> > gswitchit/switch.c. There is CheckXKB function which you can modify to
> > return some constant (false or true).
>
> I inserted the line "have_xkb = FALSE;" before the line "return have_xkb" in
> gnome-applets/gswitchit/switch.c, and then reran the configure, make, and make
> install commands. I still see only the Keyboard Indicator applet in the panel,
> even after I reboot my machine.
>
> I then changed "have_xkb = FALSE" to "have_xkb = TRUE;" before the line "return
> have_xkb" in gnome-applets/gswitchit/switch.c, and then reran the configure,
> make, and make install commands. I still see only the Keyboard Indicator applet
> in the panel, even after I reboot my machine.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You will still see "Keyboard Indicator" listed in the applets menu no
matter what. The idea is that when you choose "Keyboard Indicator", it
will place either gswitchit or gkb on the panel.

So in your case you want have_xkb=FALSE and then compile/install, and
right click on the panel and choose Keyboard Indicator. You should then
see gkb on the panel.

Regards,
Kevin