Re: Keyboard Layout Switcher applet
- From: "Sergey V. Oudaltsov" <sergey oudaltsov clients ie>
- To: Breda McColgan <Breda McColgan Sun COM>
- Cc: Kevin Vandersloot <kfv101 psu edu>, gnome-doc-list gnome org, svu cvs gnome org
- Subject: Re: Keyboard Layout Switcher applet
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:15:24 +0000
> Can you or Sergey please tell me how to suppress the run-time check, or how
> to fool the check into thinking that I've got an older version of XFree, so
> that I can invoke gkb-new? I'm scheduled to document gkb-new for GNOME 2.6.
First, about the "good" things. There is existing documentation on
gswitchit in GNOME CVS. Look at gswitchit/help/C. It is a bit out of
date - and covers some parts of gnome-control-center-related stuff - but
you can copy-paste something out of it.
The BAD thing (not for you personally, mostly for gnome) is that
fallback gkb-new is not really changed since gnome 2.4 (even the flags
are not removed!). About the run-time switch, look at gnome-applets/
gswitchit/switch.c. There is CheckXKB function which you can modify to
return some constant (false or true).
Also, I would be VERY grateful to a person who would find some time to
document new gnome-keyboard-properties capplet.
] [Thread Prev