Re: Keyboard Layout Switcher applet

Hi Breda. The applet is still there but under a different name in the
menu structure - "Keyboard Indicator"

Unfortunately the situation is somewhat complicated. There are two
keyboard layout applets in the gnome-applets source tree - gswitchit and
gkb-new. Gswitchit is designed for newer versions of XFree which
improves the layout switching capability. Gkb-new is the old version of
the Keyboard Layout Switcher.

What happens now when the user selects "Keyboard indicator", is that the
applet does a run-time check to see if X is new enough and runs either
of the two applets. Each of these applets are slightly different and
have independent help files (their UI are different). I don't think
gswitchit has any docs yet.

Sergey (in CC list) is the author of gswitchit, and is probably the one
to contact for the details. Also Jody Goldberg is also knowledgeable
about the changes.

Regards,
Kevin