Re: Help needed with CVSHEAD

Hi Bill,

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 09:44, Bill Day wrote:
> As an outside contributor, I need a little help once in a while with
> CVS.  I need to get the Gnome-System-Monitor docs (of which I am the
> original author) out of CVSHEAD to do a peer review.  I am familiar
> with obtaining source code from anoncvs.gnome.org, but I am not sure
> where to find CVSHEAD or how to check out the docs.  Could someone
> give me a couple of quick pointers please?

When Breda write CVSHEAD she just means from the tip of the trunk branch
in GNOME's normal CVS repository; it is not a special repository or
anything like that.

So to get a hold of the documents she just put in, you will need to wait
about 24 hours after the commit (the anoncvs machines only synchronise
with cvs.gnome.org once every 24 hours) and then just do a 'cvs update
-A' in the module contain the document (the '-A' just ensures that you
are not checking out from a branch, but rather from the main trunk).

By the way, since you are a document author and do have some need to be
reasonably up to date with the main tree from time to time, it is
probably worth sending an email to accounts gnome org and requesting a
CVS account. Then you can just use cvs.gnome.org and will not have to
worry about problems with the anoncvs mirrors that occur from time to
time. Have a look at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/index.html (you will be
most interested in the first three sections) and follow the instructions
there.

Cheers,
Malcolm