Re: ScrollKeeper seriesid

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 10:15, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:56:40AM +1100, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > Overlooking that gnome-doc-list is not the bug reporting place for
> > scrollkeeper, I've noted these things and will fix them shortly. Thanks
> > for pointing them out.
>
>   Sorry Malcolm, it just crossed my radar and I shot the target :-\

Don't worry; I was only causing trouble. :-)

> > (Large portions of scrollkeeper's example code and documentation needs
> > hosing down and rebuilding if anybody wants a fiddly project.)
>
>   Am I wrong in my feeling that the OMF set of metadata we actually
> generate is really small ? I mean we could provide a lot more informations,
> especially needed for cross-refernces, no ?

For common formats it should not be too hard to pull out this stuff --
it is just a matter of identifying what is wanted (e.g. extract anything
with an id attribute). I also need to make it a lot easier (and socially
acceptable) to pull the metadata out automatically from formats like
DocBook. It is brain-damaged design to force people to have keep
updating some pieces of information both in the main document and in the
OMF file. Some scripts and XSLT documents to do this have been around --
it may be as simple as just tidying them up.

I have been extremely negligent in getting the latest scrollkeeper
release out and that is my priority at the moment (I have been staring
at the last couple of problems the last two nights). Then it is probably
appropriate to start thinking about additions like that and some of the
stuff Shaun wants as well (since the next release will have a few dozen
less show-stopping bugs than the current version).

Malcolm