Re: ScrollKeeper seriesid

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:44:46AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   BTW I had a glance at the OMF files found on my machine yesterday,
> seen that not any of them has a correct identifier url value is kindof
> depressing:
>    url="file:/usr/share/gnome/help/.....omf"
>  this is simply wrong, should be fixed, the URI are
>    url="file:///usr/share/gnome/help/.....omf"
>
>  If this is generated, pkease fix the script !
> What's the usefulness of gathering metadata if they are broken ?

  oh and that should be fixed in the examples in
  http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s06.html
  http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s05.html

     file://usr/share/doc/gfloppy/gfloppy.xml
really means "the file /share/doc/gfloppy/gfloppy.xml hosted on machine usr"

  in

  http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s04.html

  URL really ought to be an URI-Reference to the local copy
  text/sgml really should be deprecated, libxml2 DocBook SGML support is
deprecated, don't suggest this

  in http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s05.html
  ascii and html encoding are not recommended, they are not standard or
not in common use, please don't suggest to use them :-)

Daniel