Re: ScrollKeeper seriesid

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 00:54, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:44:46AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >
> >   BTW I had a glance at the OMF files found on my machine yesterday,
> > seen that not any of them has a correct identifier url value is kindof
> > depressing:
> >    url="file:/usr/share/gnome/help/.....omf"
> >  this is simply wrong, should be fixed, the URI are
> >    url="file:///usr/share/gnome/help/.....omf"
> >
> >  If this is generated, pkease fix the script !
> > What's the usefulness of gathering metadata if they are broken ?
>
>   oh and that should be fixed in the examples in
>   http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s06.html
>   http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s05.html
>
>      file://usr/share/doc/gfloppy/gfloppy.xml
> really means "the file /share/doc/gfloppy/gfloppy.xml hosted on machine usr"
>
>   in
>
>   http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s04.html
>
>   URL really ought to be an URI-Reference to the local copy
>   text/sgml really should be deprecated, libxml2 DocBook SGML support is
> deprecated, don't suggest this
>
>   in http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s05.html
>   ascii and html encoding are not recommended, they are not standard or
> not in common use, please don't suggest to use them :-)

Overlooking that gnome-doc-list is not the bug reporting place for
scrollkeeper, I've noted these things and will fix them shortly. Thanks
for pointing them out.

(Large portions of scrollkeeper's example code and documentation needs
hosing down and rebuilding if anybody wants a fiddly project.)

Malcolm