Re: ScrollKeeper seriesid

Shaun McCance wrote:

> It would seem people are copying OMF files from other projects and not
> changing the seriesid.  On my machine brlmonitor, gnopernicus, and gedit
> all have the same seriesid; modemlights and cdplayer are the same; and
> blackjack and aisleriot are the same.
>
> This is important.  The seriesid is supposed to identify uniquely groups
> of documents that are essentially the same, i.e. they are translations
> or updates.  When you use the same seriesid as some unrelated document,
> you can screw things up badly.  Please read
>
> http://scrollkeeper.sf.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/ar01s04.html

I checked on the original creation details for the omf files for gedit, gnopernicus, and brlmonitor:

gedit: 		jfleck inkstain net 	2002-03-01
gnopernicus: 	ps baum ro 		2003-01-07
brlmonitor: 	ps baum ro		2003-01-07

Therefore the gedit OMF pre-dates the OMFs for gnopernicus and brlmonitor, which have identical seriesids. I suggest that whoever put back the gnopernicus and brlmonitor applications in 2003-01-07 should now create unique seriesids in the OMFs for these two applications.

Pat