Re: reference gnome 2.2 docs (follow up)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:15:40AM -0500 or thereabouts, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 03:03, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> >
> > My laptop doesn't do more than 1024x768 either.
> > I'm not buying another monitor just to take screenshots. :)
> > Or are you saying that the resolution should be specified in the
> > caption to a screenshot?
>
> No, I was saying there should be a resolution used for screenshots of
> the entire desktop.  However, this may very well be asking too much of
> authors.  What primarily concerns me is that some author will take a
> screenshot with a 1600x1200 desktop.  And then some poor user with a
> 800x600 desktop will have to look at that screenshot.

Ah, I see your point now. Yes, I agree. Believe me, I am right
with you on this, having experienced this when browsing the web
on those machines!

> Keeping with my generl point of not making screenshots too wide, I'd
> also request that authors don't take screenshots of the entire desktop
> unless they actually need the entire desktop.  If you need two windows
> or something, crop that part of the image.

I agree whole-heartedly here. It's like when people say "I have a
panel bug" on IRC and then post a similar size screenshot URL. And
you have to wait until the entire thing has downloaded before you
can see the panel at the bottom. "Um, what am I looking at here?"

Telsa