Re: reference gnome 2.2 docs (follow up)

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 03:03, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:49:42PM -0500 or thereabouts, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > A few more thoughts:
> >
> > * Screen Resolution : This should probably be specified for desktop
> > screenshots.
>
> The computer I use for testing stuff has an LCD screen which only
> does one resolution. I can't remember now whether it's 1024x768 or
> even 800x600, because it is in someone's van awaiting its return
> to here after a demo. (It's certainly low. That's why it was so
> cheap :)) I think LCDs often have one particular resolution they
> do well.  And this one, for example, doesn't do anything else.
>
> My laptop doesn't do more than 1024x768 either.
>
> I'm not buying another monitor just to take screenshots. :)
>
> Or are you saying that the resolution should be specified in the
> caption to a screenshot?

No, I was saying there should be a resolution used for screenshots of
the entire desktop.  However, this may very well be asking too much of
authors.  What primarily concerns me is that some author will take a
screenshot with a 1600x1200 desktop.  And then some poor user with a
800x600 desktop will have to look at that screenshot.

Keeping with my generl point of not making screenshots too wide, I'd
also request that authors don't take screenshots of the entire desktop
unless they actually need the entire desktop.  If you need two windows
or something, crop that part of the image.

--
Shaun